Salzburg Global Seminar are partners in the 2019 Conscious Cities Festival
Since 2015, the Parks for the Planet Forum has forged a unique network committed to transformative leadership and action for health, nature and cities. The 2019 program will convene thought leaders, change-makers and policymakers from different regions and disciplines. Together, they will look at how to promote awareness of the crucial role and benefits of nature for urban communities and encourage policies, investments and partnerships to mainstream nature-rich areas in and around cities as a critical component of urban health and resilience.
- Develop understanding, awareness and shared agendas around the crucial role and benefits of nature for urban communities and encourage policies, investments and partnerships to mainstream nature-rich areas, access to green space and healthy building design in and around cities as a critical component of urban health and resilience.
- Raise awareness and develop shared understanding across different sectors of the ways in which parks, protected areas and other nature-rich spaces in and around cities can provide major nature-based solutions to challenges of public health, climate change, and urban resilience.
- Create a set of Salzburg Principles that could guide future engagement for those working on the social and economic determinants of health from a built environment or parks perspective.
- Share learning from the program through dynamic reporting (blogs, newsletters, a substantive report) with a broad, international group of stakeholders, and with the help of a media partner
- Ultimately, contribute to the development of a set of evidence-based arguments through atypical coalitions that will promote major cross-sectoral change in policies, practice and financial closer alignment across a range of other conferences and convening opportunities to allow for the development of new thinking in this space throughout 2019